Monday, February 27, 2012

brick roads

WE ALL HAVE A JOURNEY TO GO THROUGH,

WE ALL HAVE A PATH TO WALK UPON

AND WE ALL HAVE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THAT JOURNEY TO WRITE.

The bricks were red,

It was windy and bumpy as sht.

My feet were hurting and I can’t even see what is coming up next on this damning road.

But on my journey I come to find a fresh pair of Nike free runs,

Comforting my aching feet and keeping me on my journey.

That brick road led me to many places,

I find a couch, a resting place to relax,

Warm beaches,

Lush forest,

And mountains as high as the sky can go.

But this deceiving road also leads me to the worst of places.

Thundering storms would mess up my day,

But that wasn’t even the beginning of my journey.

On my path I can see another, getting closer and closer to my own.

The path led a beautiful lady, with as much confusion as I.

Our paths soon joined and we became the best of friends,

But sometimes we create hurricane winds.

Our path would lead us across slender bridges,

But it would also lead us to a couch and maybe a bed . . . .

Later in our journey we would make cutE little paths and they would lead their own journey.

But on my journey I will see some stairs, but they are not meant for me to walk up,

But the gentle lady next to me.

Now once again my path is bumpy as fck.

And no more free runs on my feet.

But soon I will see those stairs.

And up those stairs is where all paths end.

No comments:

Post a Comment