Friday, February 10, 2012

You Know What I'm Thinking. . .

IM THINKING ABOUT YOU

Like books think about being OPE NED

And

Lotion thinks about the MOTION

Like how drums think about being beat

And

Like children think about getting beat

IM THINKING ABOUT YOU

Like GANGSTA’S think about REPPIN

And

Like DANCERS think about STEPPIN’

And

Like ROBIN thinks about . . . ROBBING

For the broke who are thinking about ROBIN

But are also thinking about the HOOD.

IM THINKING ABOUT YOU

WHEN YOU WALK ACROSS MY LINE OF VISION,

BUT WHEN I INTERACT THAT’S WHEN YOU KNOW IM LIVIN;

EVERTIME I HEAR MY NAME,

AND THEN TURN TO SEE THAT ITS NOT YOU,

EVERTIME I HEAR THE BLUES.

BUT I AM THINKING ABOUT YOU

Like clouds think about getting HIGHER,

And

Fatties think about getting LIGHTER,

And

Haters think about getting BRIGHTER,

And

How weezy thinks about getting . . . HIGHER?

But also like how he thinks about being a FIGHTER in the game.

IM THINKING ABOUT YOU

LIKE LOVE THINKS ABOUT ITS MEANING,

AND HOW MY MEANING FIGHTS FOR YOU.

2 comments:

  1. I clicked on your blog by mistake. See, I'm on this iPad that isn't mine (a student turned in their paper on it...I know, crazy right?). Anyway, I meant to click on Simba's blog because he clicked the link to get credit and I wanted to read what he wrote. But then I came here and I was surprised that you had a new post (not cause I think you're a bad student, cause I don't, I don't even know you...you just haven't clicked the link to get credit yet)...so since I was here, I thought I would read what you wrote and yeah it was good. Some good wordplay, like not Jason Mraz wordplay but like Common wordplay.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that some things don't need to be explained. Like some of your explanations (hands, parents, broke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well thanks yo! But its not done so thats why i didnt turn it in.

      Delete