Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I’ve been taken over

As a kid I always look up to the man on the peddle stool, I want to be that man, to feel his power, to be aware, as strong as him, to make those decisions that are worth more than the change in my pocket. But to be the man on top you have to be FEARLESS.

How can I do this if I am full of FEAR?

I am AFRAID of many things. . .

Heights

Birds

Police

Commitment

The future

Reading

Blindness

Dying

Mothers

Pregnant people

Denial

Apologizing

Failing

Embarrassment

Not having the warm water in the morning

Being home alone . . . forever

The car breaking down in a busy intersection

Not being able to pay for groceries

Growing up to be not who I wanted to be

Being afraid

No, to be the man on top you need to have FEARS, to embarrass them, to fix them, to face them. To take those fears and use them as the clay that form the pillars of your peddle stool. No more being FRIGHTENED, but be FEARED. You can't be taken over, you must take the fear over and step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment